Monday, September 6, 2010

Final scene from La Vie En Rose

Unfortunately there is no embed for this video on Youtube, but here is the link. Watch!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Dz3-k1d9I


I can watch this scene over and over again. In my personal opinion, this scene makes the entire movie worth watching and ends it on the most perfect note. Every time i watch this ending scene i get goosebumps, and I believe this happens to a lot of people. La Vie En Rose is one of my top 3 favorite movies I've ever seen and I'm so grateful one of my good friend Ynes, showed it to me back in 2008. To this day I always recommend it to friends and family and others who ask for some movie recommendations because it's never failed to satisfy me as a movie lover.

Marion Cotillard, whom I love so much, and is one of my favorite actresses, perfects the role of Edith Piaf. Just until recently did I find out she was in fact lip syncing the recorded songs of Edith Piaf. Marion Cotillard won best actress for this film and I've never doubted that she would. Her tongue, mouth, and general facial movements convinced audiences she was truly singing, however she wasn't. I think her amazing lip syncing is what also completes her talent in this role. To convince people she herself is singing is a hard thing to do, and she managed to do that wonderfully.

This ending scene in my opinion, is the best of the entire movie. As I mentioned before, it makes it all worth watching. That she performs Non, je ne regrette rien makes it all that much better. Edith Piaf made very bad decisions throughout her life, however through the words of this beautiful song, she explains that she regrets not a single decision. Why? Because it made her who she was at that very moment and made her the woman she is and is known as. I respect that whole handedly and will always look up to Edith Piaf as a wonderful woman. And I will always love Marion Cotillard for playing this role to the best ability she could have.

If you have not seen La Vie En Rose, I recommend that you do as soon as you get the chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment